I was thinking about the Undertaker and in many ways he's one of the luckiest wrestlers in all WWE history. There are many reasons if you think about it.
1. When he debuted the Zahorian shit hit the fan. He didn't have to have the classic roided look that Vince wanted and was free of the steroid stench of so many others.
2. His early Dead-man wrestling style probably extended his career by years with it's safe style.
3. The Streak. I have a strong feeling that the Giant Gonzales match easily could have been a DQ loss
4 He was treated like a star from the very beginning. In his first year, Undertaker was in the ring and maineventing with Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair and Sgt. Slaughter. He really didn't have to pay his dues in WWF.
5. On his way up, Hogan was on his way out and he was spared the full brunt of the political machinations.
This may be the most important
6. More than any WWE star (maybe even Triple H and Shawn) Undertaker has always been treated as a respected star. He's about the only legend who's not a comedy figure. It's probably due to loyalty, but he more than anyone else can come and go at his own discretion.
What do you think?