Jim Ross and Les Thatcher do commentary and they are at a new taping location in Lenoir, North Carolina. According to prowrestlinghistory.com, the taping at the Mulberry Street Recreational Center drew 375 fans.
The show has a new introduction, with a knock off country song about SMW having the “biggest brawls” and “biggest stars” in wrestling.
Jim Ross and Les Thatcher call the action as they wrap up the television tapings in Sevierville, Tennessee.
Today’s show features some of the matches that took place at Super Saturday Night Fever in Knoxville, Tennessee on January 28. Les Thatcher does commentary on the matches.
Jim Ross and Les Thatcher oversee commentary and they are still taped from Sevierville, Tennessee.
Jim Ross and Les Thatcher are in the booth and they are still taped from Sevierville, Tennessee.
Jim Ross and Les Thatcher are calling the action and they are taped from Sevier County High School in Sevierville, Tennessee. According to prowrestlinghistory.com, the taping drew 400 fans.
SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV – SEPTEMBER 19TH, 1992
– Last week on SMW TV… The Dirty White Boy defended his SMW Heavyweight Title against “top contender” Newton Steffey, but it was revealed as a sham when the name he pulled was really Tim Horner’s… The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express assisted Dixie Dy-No-Mite and Danny Davis in upsetting The Stud Stable and have been granted a random title opportunity from Jim Cornette himself. If you don’t smell something fishy, I don’t know what to tell you… Someone is still out for Brian Lee’s blood, having sent a 2nd letter to Commissioner Bob Armstrong… Paul Orndorff and Ronne Garvin still hate each other, nothing is resolved, lather, rinse, repeat.
SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV – SEPTEMBER 5TH, 1992
– Last week on SMW TV… The contract is signed, and the stipulations are confirmed: The Fantastics defend the Tag Team Titles against former Champions, The Heavenly Bodies, where there will be No DQ’s, and the winning team takes home $20,000, courtesy the bank account of Mama Cornette. Oh, and Jim Cornette’s tennis racket is barred from ringside… The Dirty White Boy continues to be a fighting Champion, drawing “Nitro” Danny Davis’ name from a hat and barely getting by him after using a foreign object. Paul Orndorff and Ronnie Garvin still hate each other and are threatening to cripple the other with a piledriver. In the TV Main Event, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express and Stud Stable fought to a Double Disqualification, prolonging their rivalry.
SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV – AUGUST 29TH, 1992
– Last week on SMW TV… The saga surrounding Brian Lee continues, as we found out there’s a $10,000 bounty on his head, as well as a second attack from the mysterious (and yet to be named) Mongolian Mauler… Jim Cornette offered $10,000 of his mama’s cash for the Fantastics to give them their rematch ASAP, but was turned down… Paul Orndorff and Ronnie Garvin wrestled another non-finish with the Piledriver as the center-piece of the match….The Dirty White Boy is offering a title shot to anyone who wants one, except Tim Horner, because he doesn’t deserve it, obviously… The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express and Stud Stable are on a collision course and scheduled to meet this week.
SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV – AUGUST 22ND, 1992
– Last week on SMW TV, we got a detailed recap of all the big happenings at Fire on the Mountain, including Brian Lee being attacked by a mysterious man that looked like a Genie. The only new content from last week featured Tim Horner issuing a challenge for the SMW Heavyweight Title, and the Dirty White Boy successfully defending the title against Dixie Dy-No-Mite, with a little bit of help from the dastardly Killer Kyle.
SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV – March 28th, 1992
– Last week on SMW TV… The Tag Team Tournament began! Jack Victory and Rip Morgan advanced to the Semi-Finals, defeating Johnny and Davey Rich… Jim Cornette brought a camera crew to meet his new team at Hooters, but that didn’t go as well as planned. He also had a limo driver named Herd… The Fantastics revealed Tommy Rogers as their mystery partner, but wouldn’t you know it, both Ivan and Vladimir had wives going into labor at the same time, switching the advertised Main Event (the Koloffs didn’t appear at the taping, so maybe transportation or last-minute booking issues, rather than classic bait-and-switch).
Smoky Mountain Wrestling TV
Broadcast Date: March 14th, 1992
Taped: February 1992; Knoxville, TN
– Last week on SMW TV… The SMW Tag Team Championship Tournament begins on the March 21st episode, card subject to change. Jim Cornette’s team will compete, but we still have no information on them… Bob Armstrong has banned Mr. Ron Wright from ringside until he has a wrestler under contract… Brian Lee pinned Carl Stiles, but can’t quite get all he wants out of Dutch Mantel… Tim Horner cheated Rip Rogers out of a $500 squat challenge… Paul Orndorff is frustrated about his finisher being banned and barely squeaks a victory by Barry Horowitz… Terry Gordy debuted in less-than-impressive fashion… Bob Holly remains undefeated.
SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV
Broadcast Date: March 7th, 1992
Taping Date: February 1992; Knoxville, TN
– Last week on SMW TV… Commissioner Bob Armstrong had a busy week, encouraging Robert Gibson to find back-up after being beaten up by the Koloffs and Jimmy Golden, booking a Six-Man Tag for the Fantastics and fining everyone in the brawl that ended the February 22nd episode, and let Dutch Mantel know that as long as he’s at the announcers table, Brian Lee can’t touch him. Dutch, of course, comes down with a cold when his match is scheduled to take place, and has Carl Stiles take his spot… Mr. Ron Wright encourages fans to send him money, reading a fake letter for sympathy… the Tag Team Title Tournament is coming soon, we promise!