Sorry if this is a few minutes late — I was slow starting my research because my co-worker put C-SPAN on at the office and we all fell asleep.
Your NFL Game of the Week of the Day is Indianapolis/Houston, with actual playoff implications! Your NBA on TNT doubleheader is Portland/Milwaukee followed by Nawlins/Phoenix. Meanwhile, NC State and Georgia Tech play some football on ESPN. ESPN2 has basketball in Madison Square Garden, as Texas faces Georgetown, then Duke meets Cal. ESPNU has two games from Charleston, SC: Xavier/Towson, then Buffalo/UConn. And if you’re really bored, FS1 is re-airing SmackDown and Backstage.
After the jump, let’s look over some indie coverage!
Big indie weekend, so let’s get started:
- Tonight’s Uncharted Territory lineup includes: John Silver facing Orange Cassidy; Josh Briggs facing Tony Deppen; Team Tremendous going against the duo of Nick Gage and Thomas Santell; and Gary Jay defending the Discovery Gauntlet (their TV Title) against Facade.
- Tomorrow night in Chicago, Freelance Wrestling presents the Good, the Bad, and the Smiley! In the main event (good), the big gold is on the line as Ethan Page (bad — well, a heel anyway) defends against Kylie Rae (smiley)! Plus, the WorkHorsemen put the tag gold on the line against the Space Pirates, and matches from Arik Cannon, Gregory Iron, No New Friends, and on top of that a Survivor Series match!\
- Ladies and gentlemen, I must report this: Tetsujin is Fucking Dead. That’s not my editorializing, that’s literally the name of their farewell show from Manchester UK tomorrow. But they have an eight-fight card to go out on, headlined by Timothy Thatcher defends the wXw Title against Jordan Devlin! Plus, Alexander Dean, David Starr, Millie McKenzie, and more!
- CHIKARA is doing a show on Saturday in Philadelphia. That’s all anybody knows.
- Sunday afternoon sees Glory Pro doing a Steel Cage Challenge! See, the main event is AJ Gray defending the title against Curt Stallion, and that match was always getting the cage treatment, so Glory Pro said the heck with it, let’s do a Lockdown and put ’em all in a cage! The Besties face the North! Ethan Price faces PACO! There’s a six-way escape scramble! The first ever Midwestern champion will be crowned! LOTS OF CAGE ACTION!
- May I Play Devil’s Advocate For a Minute? PROGRESS’s chapter titles are something else, and that’s what they called Chapter 98. TK Cooper and Travis Bank decide who the Jannetty is, while Paul Robinson takes on Timothy Thatcher in a submission/KO Match for the Proteus title! And in the main event, tag champs Jordan Devlin and Scotty Davis face Danny Burch and Biff Busick/Oney Lorcan! You know, depending on what name he’s going by at the moment!
- But our INDIE SHOW OF THE WEEK is from Rev Pro, who go to York Hall to hold the British J-Cup! The undercard feature Gisele Shaw against Tessa Blanchard and a tag title match as The Legion face the Moonlight Express, but the real story is an eight-man, single-elim junior championship! Here’s the first round:
- Amazing Red vs. PAC
- Barbaro Cavernario vs. Robbie Eagles
- El Phantasmo vs. Senza Volto
- Michael Oku vs. Rocky Romero
- No word on who faces who in the semis, if there are any.
Let’s get Elite for our Indie Match Viewing. It’s from AAW, as Maxwell Jacob Friedman faces Marko Stunt! Will this be a match on Dynamite soon? (Let’s hope so; it’ll get big heat!)
Bring the insanity!