Impact tonight is doing a Named Show: Redefined. Matches advertised are Rich Swann vs Petey Williams, Brian Cage vs Fenix for the X Division Title, Su Yung vs Allie vs Tessa Blanchard for the Knockouts title, and Austin Aries/Killer Kross vs Moose/Eddie Edwards.
After the jump, your indie weekend roundup.
We all know it’s a big weekend for indie wrestling, but let’s check the highlights:
- AAW is doing back-to-back shows in Chicago tonight and tomorrow. Tonight’s show, Destination Chicago, feature Trevor Lee vs Ace Romero, Bandido & Flamita vs Penta & Fenix, and the Besties in the World defending the tag straps against David Starr and Eddie Kingston. Tomorrow’s Defining Moment card is mostly not announced, but they have said there will be Darby Allin vs. Shane Strickland.
- Super Viernes will be available on Claro TV on Friday night, and how about this for a main event: Diamante Azul, LA Park, and Volador Jr. take on a unified Los Ingobernables of BUSHI, Rush, and Naito.
- If you still want a great indie weekend but live in Pennsylvania, make your way to Philadelphia because it’s time for the 2018 King Of Trios! CHIKARA Grand Champ Mark Angelosetti will be on a team with the Hatfields; Icarus leads the new FIST into action; an all-women’s first round match has Team Australia vs. Team Japan (Troy/Eagles/McKenzie vs Yamashita/Najakima/Sakazaki); PCO and Rey Bucanero are teaming up; Aja Perera and Solo Darling team with Molly Holly; and former Nexus members Fred “Darren Young” Rosser, Michael Tarver, and PJ “Justin Gabriel” Black are forming a team. Friday is Round 1, Saturday is Round 2 plus a pair of four-ways in the Rey de Voladores, and Sunday is a tag team gauntlet plus the Voladores final plus the Trios final four.
- Meanwhile, PROGRESS is touring Germany over the weekend. They’ll be in Hamburg on Friday night, Oberhausen on Saturday, and Frankfurt on Sunday. WALTER defends against Chris Brookes in Hamburg; British Strong Style faces RISE in Oberhausen; and Brookes teams with Timothy Thatcher against the Anti-Fun Police in Frankfurt.
- Oh, I almost forgot (not really): Saturday is ALL IN, from the sold-out Sears Center in suburban Chicago and available on FITE TV!! Cody Rhodes challenges Nick Aldis for the NWA World Title; Jay Lethal puts the ROH Title on the line; Rey Mysterio and Kota Ibushi captain six-man teams; Kaz Okada faces Marty Scurll; Arrow’s Stephen Amell returns to the ring against Christopher Daniels; and in what I imagine is the main event, IWGP Champion Kenny Omega faces Penta El 0M in non-title action.
- Meanwhile, Alpha-1 is holding a King of Hearts one-day eight-man tournament Sunday afternoon in Hamilton, Ontario. Participants include Gregory Iron, Ethan Page, JT Dunn, and Rickey Shane Page. In addition, both the Tag Team and Zero G Titles will be on the line.
- Warrior Wrestling is running a show Sunday night as a denouement to ALL IN. A War of Attrition 8-way match highlights (Aries! Cage! Cobb! Fenix! Guevara! Penta! Rey! Swann!), while the undercard features David Arquette and James Ellsworth on opposite sides of a tag match.
Enjoy the night!