A bit of a quiet day today. Let’s see what news we can find:
- Jim Ross and Josh Barnett hate the New Japan setup and are blaming it for JR’s rib injury at the G1 USA event.
- Bret Hart and Martha Hart are squabbling over the former’s claim that the latter is preventing Owen from taking his spot in the WWE Hall of Fame, although at this point is “Hart Family Not Getting Along” even a headline?
- Vince wants everyone to act like Brock Lesnar walked out on the company, hence why he wasn’t even mentioned in passing on Raw.
- Former college football star DeAngelo Williams may step back in an Impact ring sooner rather than later.
Impact Wrestling is on tonight, with the headline encounter being a six-man tag of Penta, Swann, and Fenix vs. OVE (Sami Callihan and the Crist Brothers).
If you’re interested in going to wrestling this weekend, here’s some highlights:
- MLW tapes their next few Fusion shows in Orlando Friday, highlighted by Low-Ki vs. Shane Strickland and ACH/Swann vs. Lucha Brothers.
- FIP is also back in action Friday, as Austin Theory defends the FIP Heavyweight Title against Darby Allin.
- PWG Threemendous takes place in LA on Friday, highlighted by the Young Bucks challenging for the PWG Tag Titles while WALTER faces Brody King in non-title action.
- St. Louis Anarchy makes a huge comeback on Friday, highlighted by a 2/3 falls match between Jake Parnell and Gary Jay as well as a tag team dream match between Besties in the World and The Carnies.
- Saturday afternoon sees BEYOND and CHIKARA hold a crossover show at the Wrestle Factory, headlined by CHIKARA champion J.F. de Coronado facing Jonathan Gresham.
- Black Label Pro performs Saturday night in Crown Point, IN, featuring Bryan Alvarez (yes, THE Bryan Alvarez) and Tom Lawlor against the Rock and Roll Express.
- WWR Pro performs Saturday night and has a round-robin among Deonna Purrazzo, Karen Q, and Tasha Steelz up top.
- PROGRESS Chapter 73 begins Sunday afternoon in Birmingham, UK, and is headlined by Travis Banks facing Tyler Bate.
Enjoy the night.