1,774 thoughts on “BoD Wednesday Night Thread”

1. For anyone who has checked out thecasualgeekery.com, I thank you, and I also have a question! Is there anything on the site you like more than the other stuff? Anything you hate? Really, any kind of emotional response would be great to hear about.

• Honestly, the writing is fine. What I’ve read is fine.

I’m not a big fan of the look, though. It’s white-on-white-on-white.

But the writing is fine. The content is fine (maybe a bit more information on the Geekery you’re covering — I think I tend to be a bit deeper on the “geek” scale than you), but it’s good.

• Digging it. Maybe some more gadget/tech stuff. Maybe a weekly in case you missed it type post to catch movie news, that wouldn’t even have to be a column, could just link to other favored sites. Honestly, Monday through Friday goes by in a blur so a Friday post recapping interesting stories on any topic would interest me. You don’t want to necessarily bog it down with a bunch of bullshit on the other hand though.

2. I’ve started experimenting with ACTUALLY shaking my rump to celebrate when I’m right or proud of something.

My girlfriend fucking hates it.

3. Remember that D’Angelo music video where he was naked and the camera got all the way down to the crotch bone?

Bayley needs to do something like that.

4. Listening to Glorious. They are the words I need right now

GLORIOUS!
    NO I WON’T GIVE IN, I WONT GIVE IN
    TIL IM VICTORIOUS
    AND I WILL DEFEND I WILL DEFEND
    AND I WILL DO WHAT I MUST
    NO I WONT GIVE IN I WONT GIVE IN
    OH SO GLORIOUS
    UNTIL THE END
    UNTIL THE END

5. Bush Jr didn’t destroy the US. He was a human Derp Face Meme, but he didn’t destroy us.
    Jimmy Carter didn’t destroy the US.

Donald Trump isn’t going to destroy the US.

6. TNA is saying they are going to tour on the road again and launch an OTT streaming service. Would you pay for that library? I think I would watch it on WWE Network for sure but as a stand alone service I doubt I would be interested.

7. Another thing that’s getting out of hand is the talk that “hate won the election.”

No, hate did not win the election. Arrogance and complacency lost the election. For crying out loud, Hillary had a literal glass ceiling ready to shatter at her foregone victory, along with fireworks. It’s like others have said: they were more concerned with making history than with making true progress.

Ugh, I SO want to say this to some of my friends, but it will cause such a shitstorm. They refuse to believe that Hillary defeated herself.

8. If you figure TNA has 350k viewers, and many of those must be die hard types at this point, how many people could they get for a streaming service? 35K? It’s not the worst idea to make some cash but who will be running it and who will buy it?

• I’d say they’ll probably get a lot right off… almost all of those 350K have to be die hards that want to support “their fed”.

But it’ll fall off quick. I guess it all depends what they do regarding PPVs and the like.

9. “Hey Kev, you want a piece of pizza? I think I got an extra piece around here somewhere….”
    “No that’s Ok, thanks.”
    “Yo Ding Dong man, Ding Dong! Ding Dong yo!”
    “No, thanks, really.”
    “Yo, eat this, man, it’s good for you!”
    “….I’m not really hungry right now.”
    “Hey man, what it is with you, you on some kind of diet? Is that what they teach you at that sissy fed of yours?”
    “Back off me, man, back off!”
    “The question is….are you fat or what?”
    “Leave me alone!”

10. Breaking Report: Linda McMahon expected to join the Trump Administration, potentially in a cabinet-level position.

Feasible?

11. I’m looking forward to 12/4 DDT “Osaka Octupus” show.

Shuji Ishikawa vs HARASHIMA should be pretty great.

Looks like the tag title match will be fun too.

And Kota Ibushi’s making an appearance!

12. Seriously, I will be willing to do Lena Dunham for a bout of pity sex, but only if she didn’t talk and went face down ass up. Something to bring her back to earth. Just someone to hold her and tell everything is gonna be all right. COME BACK TO TWITTER, BUT SERIOUSLY, CANCEL YOUR SHOW, NO ONE WANTS TO SEE KYLO REN JIZZ ON YOU

13. Lena Dunham’s bio says “hermit about town”. After her last post, I don’t blame her!

Lena Dunham ‏@lenadunham Nov 8
    I love you all! Tonight we make history! I may or may not wear a bow.

14. Here’s my final thought on the topic: Last night, the American voters finally told Washington to go fuck itself. That’s awesome. Good on us. It certainly took long enough.

What’s not awesome? We used Donald Trump to send that message.

15. Bulls are playing the Hawks tonight. I want ’em to win even more tonight just because the Hawks are from Georgia. Fuck you Trump state teams! lol

16. My FB says my pro-Trump uncle responded to me posting the Austin-to-Cameron-WTF GIF in response to him boasting about how Trump is gonna drain the swamp of Clinton supporter tears. I may have made peace with the result, but family is gonna need to chiggity check themselves if they want to hop on that wagon.

17. Someone joked that Vince was going to produce Trump’s victory celebration or something.

If that happened, we’d get shots of random people in the crowd at key moments.

Fuckin’ Dunn

18. :reads 3 comments:
    :after those 3 “comments continue after advertisement”:
    :reads big obnoxious advertisement:
    :sees more comments:
    Disqus……….don’t give me a real reason to hate you…

• Sam Bee is gonna be in full Jezebel meltdown. She went heavy on “no way this will happen” and “women, this is OUR moment”.

• nothing more than the raw outrage/anger that’s all over liberal/political twitter right now, except she gets paid for it.

19. Honestly, Girls shouldve been cancelled for being the show where every girl gets naked except the hot one people would actually want to see naked.

20. “He’s breathing through his mouth… he’s having a hard time getting wind.”

No, he’s breathing through his mouth because he’s Samoan.

• I don’t have any issues with Meyers or Oliver. Bee’s endless jabs at Bernie supporters right on through election day? She’ll be amusing.

• Primary coverage was terribly one sided. I remember one bit where she compared the candidates to Back to the Future candidates. Hillary was “Marty’s mom, having her life ruined by men!” Bernie was “Doc Brown, an old crazy person deluding the young!” She would claim in interviews that while she supported Hillary, she thought her joke content was even because she told them in the same segment, like that, as if those “jokes” have the same edges in any way. The worst was when Bernie deigned to wave his finger in the air as he told his opponent to stop interrupting him, after she had interrupted him for the 5th time – every last “what a secret sexist!” meme Hillary surrogates used after, she did. Went on what felt like a solid 2 minutes how sexist Bernie was for doing such a thing, as if 1) she hadn’t been repeatedly interrupting him or 2) Bernie doesn’t routinely wave his fingers in the air when saying anything at all. I’m pretty sure Bernie does the finger wave when ordering a sandwich in a diner, for God’s sake.

During the election itself, there were just random “Bernie Bro” jokes about being crazy and selfish months after “Bernie Bro” had even last been mentioned in the political arena. Her last episode before the election, there was an animated piece about “different partisans watching their own media to have their facts confirmed to them” —-> cut to a guy in Trump shirt watching Fox sitting next to a guy in a Bernie shirt watching MSNBC, as if 1) Hillary supporters wouldn’t do the same and 2) saying Bernie = Trump wouldn’t insult a base you’d need to turn out for you in the general in order to win. And she’d do shit like that during the general CONSTANTLY.

• Hillary supporters insulted “Bernie Bros” and then expected them to “fall in line” and vote for her.

Didn’t they learn anything from Romney when he insulted half the country in 2012?

• Same with Trevor Noah. That clown had a live Hilary celebration planned and had to shift his show to somber talking pieces and replaying old segments.

• I’ve always found Bee immensely annoying. Don’t mind the others, though I don’t find Oliver all that funny.

• I mean, you want to make a difference? Run for office. Start a grassroots campaign. Raise money. Hold town forums. Anything constructive. But putting on a wig and making funny faces isn’t helping anyone and honestly might have spurred some undecideds on.

• I think we’re seeing the death of “dismissing via mockery”, because it doesn’t work on people without a sense of irony.

21. Huh, just learned David Mamet lived half an hour from here for forty years and write Glengarry Glen Ross here and also calls ice cream creemees.

22. Without a care for the political alignment I will really enjoy all the late night hosts eating crow.

Seth Myers was just obnoxiously smug and cutesy on his last speech I saw.

23. Wouldn’t be surprised if Vince somehow has Stephanie cut a promo for SurSer flat out stating that clearly the red brand is better, and that America has spoken.

24. I have a theory that basically whichever candidate is more cool, he would win the election. Trump was cooler than hillary. Obama was definitely cooler than mccain and romney. Bush was cooler than gore or kerry. Clinton was cooler than bush or dole. Bush was cooler than dukakis. Reagan was cooler than carter or mondale.

25. My fucking sister on Facebook and her hipster LA friends talking about how they have been curled in a ball crying all day and “How do I tell my kid their president is a MONSTER!?” posts are just killing me

People like them help in my approval of last night

26. Gotta be honest, I still feel “dirty” by not voting yesterday, even though it wouldn’t have mattered because I wouldn’t have voted for Trump or Hillary. I moved this year and never re-registered until it was too late. The problem is I think that is just the excuse I use because I’ve been so pissed off about the whole political landscape for so long that I think I, for lack of a better explanation, subconsciously “forgot” when I really didn’t. In other words, if I gave half a monkey’s shit about any of the candidates I’m sure I would have remembered.

Now? I can’t complain for 4 years. Those are the rules.

27. In fact, I’m encouraged by the fact my friends are also on the “This is how the vote went down, let’s respect it and not be hypocrites by raging or not accepting it; just keep being you and love each other” train.

28. For those of you who have close friends and family who have talked about being scared, terrified, etc, have you challenged them on why they feel that way? Have any of them given rational level-headed probable outcomes based in reality?

• The one friend of mine who is wigging out is someone who’s constantly faced racism/sexism and fears it’ll be worse under a president who stoke those fires during his run.

• See, this I can understand. When it’s framed as, “the idiots are only going to take Trump’s win as a license to be bigger and more awful idiots,” that I understand.

It’s the people who claim that Trump and the entire government itself who are going to be the big awful idiots are what I don’t understand.

• Those problems existed long before Trump and likely will continue to exist. And really, it’s up to the generals and admirals to deal with that, not Trump. If I have a complaint about a co-worker, I got to my HR rep, then my manager and up the chain. Odds of it ever reaching the CEO or Chairman are nil unless it becomes a media story (like Tailhook).

• I mean, it’s really no different than people fearing that Obama was going to take guns away, and the pro-Obama people laughed at that. Yet now they exhibiting the same behavior of fear of actions not based in reality.

• Gay marriage: has he even taken a stand on that? He might pull a Reagan on that one. Ditto for abortion, because he really got cornered into that stance in order to appeal to Evangelicals. We’ll see.

As for illegals, there’s a cost factor. You would have to find, document and the transport millions of people. And deport them to where? I’m guess most countries are going to close their own borders to that proposition.

• He’s against gay marriage but he’s from NYC- I doubt he cares.

Abortion- he said women should be punished but then walked back

• Reagan embraced the Moral Majority to get elected and then ignored them once he won. I suspect Trump will most do the same on some of the issues. He knew what Evangelicals wanted to hear and he said it, but I don’t think he believed a word of it. His main thing has been the economy, bad trades, illegal immigration and infrastructure.

• We all mainly shook our heads and moved on. We’ve been down this road before.

The mistake was thinking 2008 suddenly undid centuries of history and social problems.

• My female friends that live in Chicago that get catcalled and groped every goddamn day are worried that our new leader has a history of assault and now think it’s going to get worse for them. My gay friends are also rightly afraid.

• Do they think that Trump is going to be make it legal for people to get assaulted or something?

That’s what I’m seeing. Not that people are afraid of his supporters, but afraid of some mythical policies that he himself will champion.

• His supporters were always there. I mean, it’s sad that so many people are shocked by that, but not surprising.

• Wow, well, they were safe under Bill’s administration right? As for your gay friends please send them directly to Milo Yiannopoulos.

29. I love that Asuka’s competition is so bad that they had to resurrect the corpse of Mickie James.

Still can’t believe James Storm murdered her.

30. I’d hate being a wrestler and having to work with my dad at the same time.

Like how am I supposed to snort blow off of hooker tits with PapaTap around?

31. NES Classic is mine on Friday, UFC 205 Saturday night, visiting home and celebrating dad’s birthday, football and food. Life ain’t so bad.

32. I think that for whatever reason, people are afraid that things like assault, discrimination, and other kinds of civil (even human) rights violations are somehow going to not only be legalized under Trump, but in fact encouraged and made the status quo