The draft begins at 7pm and I have written up a Mock for today’s rounds. I figured that I would lump this together with the Friday thread for everyone to discuss the draft, Smackdown, or whatever else here.
33. HOU — OT Cyrus Kouandijo, Alabama
He can step right in and start at RT for the Texans, who have nothing at that position.
34. WAS — OT Joel Bitonio, Nevada
The versatile Bitonio can play all across the O-Line, which is an area of great need for the Redskins.
35. CLE — DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
Tuitt has a lot of talent and fits the 3-4 defense well. He is very good against the run. The only thing holding him back is a lack of effort.
36. OAK — WR Marqise Lee, USC
The Raiders can pick up an in-state option to fill a need a WR. Schaub needs weapons on offense.
37. ATL — DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
Ealy is one of the best pass rushers left in the draft and his versatility is a plus for Atlanta’s Hybrid Defense.
38. T.B. — OG Xavier Su’a-Filo, UCLA
He can come in and start at RG immediately.
39. JAX — RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio St.
A great spot for the top running back in the draft. Jacksonville having a strong running game will take a lot of pressure off Bortles.
40. SEA — WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
They are shallow on the depth chart at receiver and Matthews could be a starter on Day one. Defensive line help should also be considered here.
41. BUF — OT Morgan Moses, Virginia
Moses should be able to step in at RT. Buffalo needs to protect EJ Manuel
42. TEN — OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU
Van Noy should project well in Tennessee’s Hybrid Defense
43. NYG — C Weston Richburg, Colorado St.
The Giants have to address both lines in the draft. Richburg could even play Guard.
44. STL — WR Jarvis Landry, LSU
A good compliment for Tavon Austin in the passing game.
45. DET — DE Scott Crichton, Oregon State
Crichton is a good pass rusher and that alone can help out the secondary, which can also be addressed with this pick.
46. PIT — NT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame
Nix is a perfect fit for the middle of the Steelers defensive line
47. DAL — DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida St.
After addressing the offensive line in the first round, they need to address the D-Line with this pick.
48. BAL — TE Jace Amaro, Texas A&M
Amaro is a playmaker who can line up in the slot. He is a so-so blocker though.
49. NYJ — CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska
Ryan loves his press corners and Jean-Baptiste does just that. A Receiver is also a consideration with this pick.
50. MIA — WR Cody Latimer, Indiana
A nice target for Tannehill who fits the Dolphins style.
51. CHI — DT Ra’Shede Hageman, Minnesota
A strong, athletic lineman that the Bears desperately need.
52. ARZ — OLB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise St.
Lawrence is a fit with the Cardinals Defense and gives them a pass rusher they need. A QB is also a choice with this pick.
53. G.B. — ILB Chris Bortland, Wisconsin
He would be a great fit with the Packers and would be a popular pick among fans.
54. PHI — WR Davante Adams, Fresno St.
A solid receiver and blocker for Chip Kelly’s team.
55. CIN — QB Derek Carr, Fresno St.
They have not yet locked up Dalton long-term and Carr can challege him for the job after a year red-shirting.
56. S.F. — OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
Adding another pass rusher with Aldon Smith’s uncertainty is a need for the 49ers.
57. S.D. — C Marcus Martin, USC
He should be able to step in and start immediately for the Chargers.
58. N.O. — CB LaMarcus Joyner, Florida State
The Saints have to address the secondary through the draft and Joyner can play the slot could even make the switch to safety.
59. IND — G Cyril Richardson, Baylor
He gives the Colts a starter at guard and is a beast in the running game.
60. CAR — DE Trent Murphy, Stanford
Excellent pass rusher who led the nation in sacks this year.
61. S.F. — WR Bruce Ellington, South Carolina
Ellington brings some much needed speed to the 49ers.
62. N.E. — RB Bishop Sankey, Washington
Sankey is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and a good runner and blocker that will fit in with the rest of the Patriots backfield.
63. DEN — TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
A nice target for Manning and hopefully playing for a Super Bowl Contender can keep him from slacking off.
64. SEA — DT Will Sutton, Arizona St.
A three-technique lineman that can benefit from playing in Seattle’s rotation.