Forgot that I wanted to talk about this one as well. DC's sales have been really strong off the New 52 reboot, although I've been wittling my DC pull list down substantially and have been buying a LOT more Marvel as of late. So the 52 reboot has kind of helped both companies as far as I'm concerned. Since I'm not into the whole AvX thing, the upcoming Marvel not-a-reboot doesn't hold the same kind of excitement, although I have been reading and enjoying the main Avengers title so maybe I'll give Uncanny Avengers a go.
My current monthly list of stuff, in case anyone's curious:
– Amazing Spider-Man! I jumped on board with the "Spider-Man's nerd friend accidentally opens a portal to an apocalyptic future" story and I've been all guns blazing on the title since then. Dan Slott provides exactly what I want out of a monthly comic book.
– Avenging Spider-Man. It's been tailing off as of late and hasn't matched the fun of the early Rulk issues, but it's still my second favorite book.
– Deadpool. The "lost powers, gained handsomeness" arc is goofy and interesting, and he's still my favorite character at the moment.
– Hulk. Red one, not green one. I've heard good things about Banner, though, too. I've been very into Hulk since seeing Avengers so I might give the classic a try.
– Avengers. I'm kind of taking a break from it with the current mega-crossover because I don't want to get involved, but I'll probably get back into it after all the silliness is over.
– Spider-Men. I haven't really gotten into Ultimate Spider-Man too much, but this is a pretty fun book so far.
– Swamp Thing. Still loving it. Totally unlike the standard superhero comic and you don't even need the years of Alan Moore continuity to follow what's going on.
– Animal Man. Swamp Thing's weirder comic brother. Creepy and great.
– Justice League. The only REALLY annoying thing is that the characterizations are totally out of sync with what's happening in the solo titles, especially Green Lantern, but it's a big dumb superhero title, plus the Shazam feature is pretty cool, so I'm hanging in there.
– Action Comics/Superman. I'm not obsessively collecting, just kind of picking and choosing and hoping that they get their s--- together and decide once and for all what Superman's deal is in the new universe…but it doesn't seem to be happening. But I can hope.
– Batwoman. Not as great without JH Williams' art, but the Chase Cameron stuff intrigues me enough to continue.
– Batman. Scott Snyder rocks. Nuff said.
I'm also reading the Atomic Robo books, because SCIENCE. That's why. Obviously Irredeemable is done now. So there you go.