On the eve of tonight’s EPIC world title unification match at T̶N̶A̶ I̶m̶p̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶W̶r̶e̶s̶t̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ GFW Slammiversary, here’s the third and final round of this game: which of these do you consider "real" world titles?
– The NXT Championship (The top title in the brand, has been defended worldwide, but then again, it’s also been held by Bo Dallas.)
I think it qualifies. Held by World title-level guys and defended worldwide = World title.
– The AWA Championship
Duh, of course it was a World title.
– The WCCW/WCWA/USWA championship (ANY variation of the three.)
Nah. In fact, the running joke in the Observer about the World Class/ USWA title was that it was only ever defended in Texas.
– The ECW FTW championship (I’m admittedly reaching now.)
Yeah, it’s a reach.
– The GFW Global–bahahaha, sorry, couldn’t say that one with a straight face. But I guess it’s about to become the de facto #3 or belt in America, after the Universal and WWE titles.
I’d say it qualifies, because the TNA World title did.
– One final question: what do you consider the most prestigious secondary belt in history? (Example: IC title during the 80s, the US title at a particular time, etc.)
If you consider the World heavyweight title as secondary to the WWE championship (up until they were unified by Randy Orton) then I’d say that one.
Thanks for playing.